Friday 5 December 2008

Experiment Update (3)


No sooner had I posted and the temperature had fallen to that of the forecast! When I get a new phone (possibly at christmas). I can think about what use I might put my dear old K610. I think that sealing it in a water proof bag with silica gel bags and a long usb extension (rather than bluetooth) would make it a very good outdoor temperature probe. If I combine that with the time-lapse webcam data then I might have a reasonable, independant, indication of local weather conditions. Now all I need is my final year project to be finished and I can really get into sensor netwokring on a grander scale. Oh it will be sweet. For now, I am having evil thoughts about stripping back some of the form factor to see if that allows the temperature sensors to react more quickly.